Sunday, August 29, 2010

nathalie
street cafe, you couldn't believe i was jakes dad, you kept saying, 'i thought he was your brother.'
the first thing i noticed about you apart from being a cute french girl was your lips, wow those are great lips for kissing i thought.
it's strange how we connected, you and i, both starting our careers together, me music you actress, fuck you were good nathalie that audition reel was fantastic but once again it was me that followed through and finished what i started, i wouldn't have done it with out you though and i am grateful. you encouraged me, you were the first to hear my music, the first to listen.
i remember that day we went surfing in our wetsuits, fuck we ran along the beach until we came to the wall of seaweed, then we ran back, ha both climbed into the girls change rooms at newport and i ended up taking those lips for a test drive, yeah they were great lips for kissing. but i was focused and my aim was on my target, i was still getting over my brain injury and meredith and everything emotional was to much, i loved hanging out with you, eating and cuddling up but i was so damaged, so fucking lost in my gaps and lapses and those stolen three days, fuck i was still really heartbroken and all i knew was the need to finish 'adventures' but you were the only person i saw during that time, the only person who i didn't really push away, you inspired me and encouraged me and believed in me and that made all the difference.
in a way i should credit you for adventures, it would have remained an unheard solo project sitting in my computer if not for your belief, ha i think you liked it more than i did. but when i got the label on side i started thinking maybe there's something in this after all and then i was just sucked away following my stupid ambition and i don't know what happened to you, but i met you on the day you were leaving australia and it was to late to fucking get back to where ever it was we were.
anyway for what it's worth thanks. if i'm ever in montpellier i'll drop by for a juice.

No comments: