Monday, July 05, 2010

spent the night in my car, wrapped in rags and freezing like an ice block, shivering, even the drool and dribble froze in my beard and come first light i thawed my skin, my old heart in some suspended state began to pump blood to the rest of me, my poor extremities and lets face it, i am all extremities.
the mechanic charges me $1500 to fix it, a service, some belt needed changing, i spend my morning drinking coffee and reading a self help book i find in the big book shop, it doesn't really help, so wandering over the rail road track to the other side of town, the one no one goes to, the shadow lands where the shops are dark and the streets badly lit i find a big second hand bookshop and wander through it, finding a strange book called the invisible pyramid, there's something about it calling me, a ghost, my hand enters the spirit world, a world i am familiar with, i communicate with the author who convinces me to buy his book.
don't think i exaggerate, you know only what you see on the surface, i am prism like, reality refracts around me, stick close by and watch it occur.
the spirit world is a lonely place, not some where i like to stay to long, i get my information and leave, i take the worn hardback to the indian girl, she is smiling at me. we talk about a song on the radio, it's by a band called the roots. i return to my car newly repaired and swipe $1500 from my card.
every entry into the spirit world has a cost, extraction of information has a high price, it always has, it's known as the law of displacement, $1500 is getting off lightly i figure, last time they took my friend, she hung herself with her belt. i went to her funeral and her family asked me to make a speech. i did, it wasn't easy.
they won't touch me again though, they hurt me in other ways, financially, work conflicts, nothing directed directly or obviously at me becuase they know me, they know i don't fear them and i'll come looking for vengence which i did as soon as the funeral was over. i used an old barbaric magickal method from a nordic tradition, went in and bound them to an old turquise ring i once treasured, so i have a reputation not to be fucked around.
anyways the correct magickal stance in this car situation is non attachment. money is just energy, it transfers into states, there is nothing to be attached to but i could have used a fucking holiday somewhere hot.

No comments: