Tuesday, December 21, 2010

people depart, calling me from airports, everyone apprehensive about europe, it's snowed in, my father rings me, -26 outside, englands run out of grit to put on the roads, it ran out of grit when i left i reply.
meanwhile in babylon coffee meltdown, i gotta wean myself away from this caffeine culture, we wander into french bakeries and look at all the pretty window displays, i'm transported away somewhere else, i have only had three hours sleep, the world is melting, i'm flicking though newspapers and magazines, we discover a new language, hard boiled detective speak, your a natural. we share irritations, we can't really communicate this morning, we are to tired but we understand each other perfectly, lumberjack cake love.
we fall apart, i go my own sweet way, you go yours. the day escapes me like a dream.
i'm driving up and down highways, i'm swimming and diving, i'm in the big bookshop at the mall searching for a book with a friend, i'm driving up and down, i'm in a retired persons village delivering an xmas present, he's an old blind man but he's sharp as knives, i like this guy, we often have good conversations. he's perplexed by the death of his friends, yeah he's a bit like me, lost a few people, death wish followed him around, chased his shadow, car crashes, wars, accidents, he wonders why he's alive.
'so i can enjoy you my friend.' i say.
i drop him down the street and then drive along into the sun, yeah that sun pouring in everywhere on this longest day, the summer solstice.
i've fully charged my moon powered ray gun as it rose above the water because at 8.12 the earth casts it's shadow across the moon, and you just never know.

No comments: