Friday, January 11, 2019

the yearning inside to get back to the ocean grew each moment i was separated, like a true love story distance hurts the spirit. i watch it early morning from my car, still and soft like a gentle surface of lapping affection, the sand almost virgin, the sky washed out and pale like a watercolour running in rain. it's yearning for me, i feel it in my own waters. joy division music.
later i find myself with some spare hours. i drive down again, my body feels slightly better than usual, i seem to be swiftly recovering, antibiotics kicked in work their way through my blood stream.
i find a spot far away from anyone and enter the ocean, it's arms surround me. it's warmth energy embraces me, and i wade out until i am submerged. 
i open my eyes under the surface and only see the cleanest blue, i gaze out and therefore gaze in.
there are no waves but neptune listens to my needs, i wonder if will power will draw one. i ask nice. it does come, a middle sized soft rolling one, no power but plenty of precision. my fin catches it and i soar for a meter or two. a taster i guess. 
i splash around, a few small waves come along and i dive down. when i surface a black sea bird with a long neck pops out with me. i saw 'hello' and it turns in acknowledgement. 
it's an australian darter bird i research when i get home, a magnificent swimmer as well as master of flight.

No comments: