Tuesday, January 22, 2019

i'm awake at 4am, after all i did have a very early night, deep dream states i cannot recall, appointments i have no idea if i kept,  just a vague feeling i am where i am.
time slips its bondage, space moves around and i find myself in the ocean at dawn. 
my module sits in it's space with the other dawn patrol modules. old men, the diggers and their brave women are out already, spindly legs, line ravaged features where the elements have invaded, subjects of time, marked by its passing. all off us find ourselves in the ocean at dawn, doing our ritual. 
my fin is looking battered and worn, i really need a new one but i love this one so much, it has been with me since forever and it feels loyal and trustworthy. i guess years of surfing have developed a relationship but i know it to be a tool, and it's time for a replacement. the surf is warm, like a tepid bath, it's ridiculously calm and gentle as i wade out wards, high tide on it's way out so the dynamic is different, no rips, no white water, no turbulence. i straddle a wave but it's not a wave, it's a big ripple. it takes me nowhere. inertia forces me to relax, i float upon my back looking at the sky, my mind calm and still. occasionally i swim out and then wait for a wave but none come so i swim back to my depth. at one point i stand in the light from the sun reflected upon the surface, the golden path. i invoke it's energy and feel it filling my bodies until charged, it's going to be an intense day so this early light is useful, not harsh and burning but tender and nourishing.
by 8am i am back at mission control, doing laundry and domestics chores, determined to make the environment less cluttered and more presentable. it's slightly embarrassing having so many books everywhere, piles up to the sky, walls covered with volumes, shrines to genres. mission control lacks the woman's touch, it's just pure me, and i'm not sure if that's a good thing sometimes. the kitchen is organised chaos, it's filled with items, food supplements  nutrition, condiments but no actual food. when i think about the whole thing it's bizarre  even my fridge has elixirs, potions, plant medicines and herbs. plus my high quality coconut water supply. the only food lies hidden in the freezer where i keep my treasure chest of frozen berries, cherries and acia. 
i have three days off so i commit to a big tidy up.

No comments: