Sunday, March 27, 2011

i felt the change in my body as soon as the virus entered, cruising around my bloodstream, swarming through my mind, reordering its contents, extreme mutation burnt through my neocortex, synapses began to reformat the brain itself, my vision began to flicker, just like a bad tv set in a cheap motel.
when i awoke i found my body had distorted itself slightly, i was longer, my hands and feet were webbed and i had strange slits along my neck, they looked like gills or some sort of weird breathing organ. god knows what had occurred on an internal level but i felt different. i ran to the bathroom where the only mirror reflected the awful truth. i had changed dramatically around the face, my eyes were much wider, although they still seemed out of focus and somewhat strangely unable to get a precise fix on things, the flickering continued as i could see several different layers on top of one another. it took a while to process but eventually i realised i was seeing the various time lines of events, i could see into the the fourth dimension. this vision gave me access to the flow of time, it took considerable skill to fine tune it and stay focused upon the present. i noticed several other immediate differences, the eyes them selves where like insect eyes, millions of lenses encased in a black goggle like structure, my ears where slightly pointed but not inhuman but the strangest thing was the tongue which was forked and very long, it also was highly sensitive to the vibrations within the air, i could taste the various smells and scents from the whole street. but th biggest shock came from the sight of a red and very long tail that seemed to stretch out in a slight curl upwards and finished with a prong, the classic demon tail. i recoiled at first but began to see how i could manipulate it, eventually the momentary panic subsided and i just eased into the idea. another strange thing was how my skin would change, chameleon like and adapt almost perfectly to the environment. i dressed myself sat in the laboratory in front of my computer terminal. a sequence of genes displayed themselves. i ran an analysis, and watched the results jump across the screen.
the gene bomb had succeeded but the results were somewhat unstable, and unpredictable. everything determined upon the junk dna already existing in the body. darwin was right, we are all one life form.
i could still feel significant internal changes so i put myself through the mir and did several tests upon myself. the organs had all changed slightly, lungs had halved in size, my heart had split in half and now formed two hearts protected by a ribcage in which was re enforced with some sort of thick muscle wall. there were other organs that had manifested, i didn't understand what they did, but they were situated all through my body in sac like structures. i hovered over the screen reading the results wondering how alien i had become. i looked at the data sheet, my chemical composition had changed minutely although i was still a carbon based life form from earth i was now a composite. the virus had was composed of various designer made genetic sequences, but the codes have to match various junk codes in order to activate. a man cannot become a flower, just because our dna almost matches, the junk material has to fit the introduced viral sequence to activate the chain and then only if the virus fit survival parameters. dna has a life of it's own, it wants to survive.
i sat back, this was possibly the most important scientific discovery since darwin, it was the final piece to his puzzle.
if it's made public it could start wars or end wars, it was a massive responsibility. i could feel it bearing down upon me, through all time. this gave me an idea, which when tested failed. i could not see myself in the time line of the fourth dimension, therefore i had no idea if i would survive what ever actions i should choose. one thing was certain, no matter what way you look at this, it was the end of humanity.

1 comment:

Tez said...

I wouldn't worry,it's probably a touch of food poisoning,I would stay off seafood for a few weeks,If you are not O.K.then sell the apartment move into the Melbourne Aquarium and consult a good vet.