Friday, July 21, 2006

I was looking at steve's blog and wrote a song based on some themes that were coming up that appeal to me, its called,

'Jazz Cigarette.'

Winter has come 12 months to soon
Taken my love and gone to the moon
Yeah it’s colder than an artic junky
And I can’t believe it’s only Monday

We are hanging on to the ceiling
Trying to escape this feeling
Wrapped up like old Tibet
Smoking my jazz cigarette

My street is empty my town a ghost
I’m the last man standing at this outpost
Yeah there’s a full moon and a dogs a howling
I’d sing the blues but you’d start laughing

We are drowning in Maluka, honey
And baby it’s not that funny
I’m breaking up and broken down with regret
Smoking my jazz cigarette

Mile's Davis
Charlie Parker
Steve Kilbey
Andy Partridge
Brian Eno
Mike Scott
David Bowie
Iggy Pop
(fade)

No comments: