Monday, December 26, 2005

It’s low key. Loki xmas. Yes low key with the autistic people, a few nice dips and a bbq, some gifts exchanged and then we crash out on the lounge in air conditioned suburban luxury, while outside in the world, good kings look out, fat men in red suits seduce children with toys made by other children in 3rd world sweat shops, family rifts swallow whole communities up, children throw toys away in disgust as its not the right colour, size or model than the one they wanted, parents search franticly for batteries, masses of alcohol is consumed by people about to drive home, tv sinks to an all time low and millions of divorced dads wonder when they will see their children again. The other stolen generation.
Ho freakin Ho.
I'm up for boxing day surf and it’s all happening out there, waves are nice gentle ones, breaking evenly, with a latent power, blue skies, the kind of perfect day after hangovers and over indulgence. Slowly the beach fills up and Professor Leary and myself escape to the only coffee shop open in Newport, the milk bar, for our post surf Hot Chocolate endorphin rush.
Oh yes, I am feeling ready for a shamanic assault into another landscape, areas of consciousness need to be explored, i have resources i need to bring back, we discuss Nexus. A derivative of dmt. Must investigate more.
Meanwhile I hightail it to meet Mike who very kindly has given me the Concert for George dvd as a gift, so i am feeling very excited about watching that. Later its another surf and this time waves are crap, choppy messy and the beach is filled with people. I head back to Mission Control to finish my book, Arkady the burnt out Russian dectective is up to his neck in Ukraniane fallout, murder mayhem, corruption and wolves eat dogs.
My dear old friend Nicole the glamourous Swizz girl I met at a Church Acoustic show in Narrabeen rang to say hi, it's really fantastic to hear from her after I have just seen the Church Acoustic (Marty and Steve) shows at Fairfield. See time is kind of cyclic. Everything is connected. Except for Jet and Powderfinger. They don't connect to anything.
And dig this!
I go to put my Concert For George dvd on and because i never watch tv I have to fiddle around with the wires and then just as i switch it to channel 2 Concert for George starts on the tv. I mean is that connections or what!

No comments: