Saturday, August 10, 2013

well today was magnificent, special extra crispy blue skies, glorious sunlight and who do i see waiting on the bridge over my pond but the water dragon, out from hibernation, haven't seen him for months but here he is, sprawled out in the sunshine waiting for some food. he tilts his head to one side, and watches me play frisbee with pan. pan skips through the tall grass, he's happy, the birds are happy and i'm sure on a day like today the bees are happy.
i chat on skype to my friends in the uk so even i am happy, and the day has not even really begun.
i do some cleaning, cooking, shopping and play 'kilbey and kennedy' very loud while i make sure the floors are gleaming and my laundry is hanging out. yeah didn't do much, just chop the wood and carry the water but in the evening i read a story that makes me really sad. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2388618/Teenagers-saw-attackers-smile-nod-throwing-acid-caused-clothes-disintegrate-minutes-burned-rescuers-hands.html

it just breaks my heart

No comments: