Monday, August 19, 2013

the central coast, spring skies, winter wind, autumn leaves, summer surf everything happens at twice, the land line phone rings, the mobile goes off, the kettle boils the toast pops out, the dog wants a walk while the fish need feeding, i'm sitting down and standing up, i'm half asleep and half awake.
one of me dreams of atlantis, walking through the crystal chambers where music chimes and purple light flickers across from structure to structure, the wonderful aqua blue water above me travelling along in anti gravity fields, pods of dolphins leaping from one the portal of water to the other. but one of me is awake, feeding my fish and playing with the dog, he's looking older, a few grey whiskers, he's moving slower and sleeps far to much, he's found special spots in the garden, some amongst the flowers and some in the dirt, some under the house and others, secret spots i am yet to discover.
one half of me is building a sculptural piece which requires stillness and meditation, so my mind is fixed upon a clear pool of crystal water, the other watches fish swimming through the water of a pond as i throw down pellets of koi food, focusing my intention on attracting the fish closer so i can hand feed them. one is under my influence, one is independent. 
it's hard work maintaining two of me in existence, depletes some part of myself, maybe takes a year of my life, it's worse than smoking cigarettes, drinking heavy, taking dangerous drugs. just as well i don't make a habit of it. 
i pull my two selves together into one, go to the shops and buy some bok choy. ah, it feels good being in the sun, in one body.

No comments: