Tuesday, June 28, 2011

decompression, my time is a long way away, i stepped through that time tunnel, one hatch saturated in anti gravity fields, a small wormhole, microscopic expansion and some highly sophisticated navigation software, i'm stepping out the targeted exit, an old movie set in the 1920's, i am dressed for the time, appropriately swallowed by the residual feedback, it may send some waves outwards but i will deal with them as they occur. the set looks huge, people moving around quite, a lot of noise, i find my place, discreetly blending into the small crowd of extras. a woman looks at me with wide eyes, i smile but refrain from engaging lest the feedback loop find me. she's staring at me, her intuition knows i don't belong, she starts to approach but the director intervenes, and pulls her away. she is made to stand stage left and offered an apple. the director asks me to walk across the camera, behind a wooden zebra, i realise that he is none other than charlie chaplain. i begin to walk when the first feedback loop hits, i have to use my time delay and skim the rip, 'charlie,' i say, ' a couple of years in switzerland.'
i feel the pull and slide back, through the wormhole and into the flux.

No comments: