Thursday, June 23, 2011

i finish 'the broken ones' and immediately order the other book by the writer whom i have found out is called, steven irwin. my dealer rings me to say she has already tracked it down and i consider if i should use her to assist in some other extra curriculum work i am doing, hunting for esoteric and occult manuals, particularly the 'liber obsidian obscura' which i have been looking for for seven years. 
anyways i go down to pick up my book, exiting the car i'm hit by a large cloud of perfume, cheap and lacking any class, it hits me straight on the nose and almost makes me reel, i'm not sure if it's me for a moment, have i some how been infected by some strange horrible smell that is now following me every where i go. i recall the smell of a skunk, this is almost as bad, overwhelming, fear drives me to a memory i had. when i was travelling through america on my skunk encounters i had been informed by many locals in skunk country the only way to get rid of the smell is to bathe in tomato sauce and burn the clothes. so looking for the nearest equivalent i came across some cafe selling beetroot soup and ordered a bowl.
twenty minites later im feeling much better and the panic of cheap perfume bombs evaporated. 
i picked up my book, can't wait to read it, this steven irwin chap writes a good story.

No comments: