Sunday, March 21, 2010

we never spoke about alcohol, it's strange as i grew up in london where there was a pub on every corner and the first thing you did when you looked the right age was go down the pub and get drunk, it was silly but that's what you do when you are young and your brain is developing. so i would drink cider or some horrid beer. i'd drink with my friends stewart and andy. later i would go to berlin and drink in bars, berlin was a drinking haven as the bars were amazing nut during this kind of time i discovered grass and my drinking which predominantly consisted of whiskey to keep warm, seemed to decline, and instead of going out drinking i stayed home and smoked. however there is something about girls, bars and drinking that seems to catapult me into relationships. i think i met most of my ex girlfriends in bars after a big night out. so there's a pattern, i even met my ex wife in a pub. mind you at that time i did not drink, i used to smoke the green goddess and go into the pub and order a mineral water.
my local pub was filled with bikers and a high population of au pair girls, whom i found myself drawn towards.
then there was my lost sydney years where i discovered obliteration through alcohol, again each bar experience would result in some weird relationship and a whole load of misery so i gave up alcohol and stuck to the green goddess.
but if i do drink it's at home, usually a home made cocktail made from blue berries or vodka drinks i imbue with various flavours, usually honey.
sometimes i drink el salvadorian beers when im hot and my brain refuses to stop but i'd like an alcohol free life.i like the smart drugs.

No comments: