Tuesday, March 30, 2010

kate bush, wow!
i love aerial, i think it has moments of absolute perfection, listen to it on head phones, the production is perfect, the arrangements are divine and the whole pice just sublime. it's brilliant for the nights you are alone. just a glass of wine and some memories that are flowing by, old english ones.

even though i disliked england immensely when i was younger i had some fun while i lived in it, i had very few friends, my mate stewart was a character, a sort of hippy to my punk, he was always listening to heavy rock, led zep and deep purple while i was enmeshed in bowie and punk, it was a strange friendship but i guess we were both outsiders, both very dyslexic, both forced to think outside the box, brighter than most kids but unable to tell left from right. plus we liked girls while other boys played soccer and punched one another as their prime source of passion.
and for some reasons the girls liked us. i guess we were just underdogs, and every one loves an underdog.
i had a terrible maths teacher, an awful man called mr. lockett who picked on me continually, every chance to humiliate or degrade me he would seize the moment, long rambling tirades against me, day after day, i'd just stare out the window looking at clouds while he rambled on about logarithms and cosines not realising his attitude to me was imprinting me with a terrible dislike for anything mathematical., then one day in the middle of the maths lesson he said, 'mission what is the cosine of blah blah blah', reeling of some weird number with a dot in the middle.
i look up and say the first sequence of numbers that come into my head, 3576599.37 and his jaw drops. he shakes his head, he buries his head in the logarithm book and i can see his eyes scanning the tables, then he looks at me, walks over and picks up the log book that lays closed on my desk. he walks away looking at me in absolute bewilderment.
out of all the numbers that was the right one, i don't know how i did it, i just said the first numbers that came to my head and if i had to repeat that trick i would get it wrong.

another time another teacher was picking on me, when one of the girls in my class said, 'hey why do you always pick on him.'
before i knew it all the girls started defending me and attacking the teacher who backed off and it was amazing, to think that these school girls stood up for me really was an incredible thing. most of these girls i can't recall at all except for shirley hollimen who i dated a few times but she dumped me for andrew wrigley the guy from wham who i went to skool with. later she dumped him for gary kemp the guy from spandau ballet. but while we were friends she had a best friend called tracy who was equally as gorgeous, we all became punk rockers and dyed our hair. tracy pierced her tongue with a safety pin and i fell in love with her.
what a cool girl.

No comments: