Monday, April 03, 2006

after walking pan and drinking two coffees, yes i am back on coffee, two big ones, scanning the sydney morning misinformation old Dick 3 turned up and we discussed the issues at hand, my art, my uncoditional love, my general magickal abilities to create the potentials i need, he just said i was female in essensse, i said i knew that.
people are kind of wierd when i mention my female aspect, they think you are sensitive, gay or like shoes or sumfink. the actual truth i think is in qualities, compared to most australian girls i may as well be a big girl, i hate sports, don't drink beer, don't eat meat, don't like hanging out in packs, i have always been more comfortable in the company of women, despite their strange ways.
later while i was checking out the berlin music scene, i discovered a name that i recognised, Martin Von Donaldson, my old band mate, guitarist and fellow musician. I tried to call him in berlin as there was a number there but no one answered, will keep trying.

Martin and I met in carnaby st london, in the middle of punk rock, he was an orange haired bowie clone and i looked like a cross between hendrix and lou reed, he was heavily into the dammned and x ray spex, i was into iggy and bowie and we discussed the mutual need to make some music. he invited me to sing 'waiting for the man' with some other musician friends, in a place called pekham rye, across the river. i turned up and there was a bunch of freaks all smoking spliffs and drinking beer, we had a strange looking barrow boy on keys, a older cynical chap played bass, i can't even recall his name but he was a funny guy, and there was a spansih guy playing guitar and martin played lead and then we started, all outta key, possibly in several different ones, we did, 'Man who sold the World' and 'Waiting for the Man', (bowie version) they must have liked me cos i got the job although i think they were more impressed with my spliff rolling to be honest.

Years later Martin and I relocated to West Berlin, we lived in Riechenberger Strasse, in a neat apartment between a bar and a church.

No comments: