Thursday, May 08, 2014

early morning rainbow at sunrise as i drive to terrible beach, it arches across the doom laden skies, heralding some sort of covenant the old sky god made with me, i nod in appreciation, as the black skies swallow me whole and my module moves around the coastal roads offering me a glimpse of a very dark ocean where the wave comes in pitch ominous significance, the bold architecture from some cosmic circumstances. i wave to neptune, he also holds a covenant with me but he's more laid back than sky god, he's more relaxed in his turquoise place, limited responsibility i guess. ebb and flow, ebb and flow, let yourself go, pulled by the lunar influence, the heavy lifting is done, so my neptune can fritter his day in playful frivolity with the fish and currents and an old body surfer from london who stares out at the vast landscape alone.
i wait for the rain but the sun eats the clouds and burns away the rainbow, the sleepy seaside town fills with people accompanied by their dogs, the empty car spaces fill up fast, the shops open, the aromatic blends of several free trade coffees fill the air, newspapers are read, children delivered to their educational facilities. a whole day passes me by in fast forwards time lapse, i'm not in this day at all, i'm outside it. i can't penetrate the hour, it's far from my reach, i can only watch it tick tock away from me.
out of luck, outta weed and out of time, i'm on the outside of something, can feel it in my bones, my blood, my cellular intelligence already knows, i'm the outsider. i always have been and always will be, don't get to close. 

No comments: