Friday, April 21, 2023

after about 3 hours sleep, eyes watering non stop, nose dribbling and my body feeling like it needs a huge detox from all the english food i have been eating, i set out to visit my aunt who lives in south london. my mum sits besides me as i drive, she constantly tells me i am going the wrong way. however i am positive i know exactly where we are heading and on what appears to be the first sunny, warm-ish day i connect up to the m25 and race down. despite my physical emotional and physiological frailty i manage to complete the task in record time, even my mother comments on how fast we got there and without making any mistakes. i have been blessed with an excellent sense of direction and intuition, memory served me well as i had driven this way a few times on previous visits.
at my aunts i catch up with my cousin sam, and her daughter. it's lovely sitting in the sunshine eating cucumber sandwiches drinking tea. then before we know it it's time to head back, this time the traffic gets the better of us and we are stuck in a jam on the m25 that seems to last forever, meanwhile the sky blackens with clouds.
when the rain does come it falls heavy, i get drenched carting stuff from the car to the apartment. i begin to sneeze.   
after a shower and a drink, tequila mixed a natural cola from madagascar, i do feel better, drag my weary body towards bed. ah sleep, it comes upon me fast and peacefully. i need it man.
england, i rather be anywhere else in europe.

No comments: