Sunday, April 30, 2023

i drag myself outside yesterday, took the hybrid for a drive down the country roads and backstreets where i could open it up. past the wineries, past the cafes, farms and various niche trades, a few horses and green green grass fields until i hit a main road. now normally i would turn left and head home but i turned right following some weird impulse and ended up pulling over outside a pub. 
i park up and stroll in, somewhat unwashed and looking as if i had rolled out of bed after a three day binge. i grab a big glass of water order a meal and take myself over to the back room out of the way of the crowds towards a small room. 
suddenly a woman sitting at a crowded table sees me and launches herself towards me, giving me a hug. obviously mistaking me for someone else. she asks me to sit with her table which i do and then we work out i am not whom she thought i was, however she wants me to stay and introduces me to all her friends. 
i end up staying for several hours, until dark, lunch was amazing, the company great and when i leave i feel a sensation i have not felt for a while, a satisfaction. a kind of self contentment. maybe this winter i will open up a bit to the idea of being more social. 

No comments: