Wednesday, February 22, 2023

it's 0430 and i wake up, fully alert and filled with kinetic energy, in fact i make my bed and head down to do some writing. it's extremely dark, there's a huge storm happening outside and it's all a bit gothic as i use my mobile phone to illuminate the pathway through the various books, boxes and things i have accumulated. the only problem is i have switched my phone onto dark mode and without my glasses cannot turn it back. so there i am weaving my way through the obstacle course of mission control, almost at the computer my knee hits a box, and i hear the terrible splatter as the contents spill all over the floor.
i make my way back to the kitchen and flick on the light, which is really what i should have done in the first place. inspecting the spillage i see a massive pile of bird seed. it's everywhere, spread right across the whole back room. 
so here i am vacuuming up bird seed until the vacuum bag is full and makes an unhealthy chunking sound. i fiddle around and realise i need to take it outside and empty it so i disconnect the bag and walk across the floor to the front door. 
it's still dark out there but i make my way to the bins and empty the bag. then when i return inside i see a trail of birdseed that had fallen from the overfilled bag so i have to vacuum the whole place.
it's not even 0500 yet. 

No comments: