Friday, July 22, 2011

in my trans-human future, i ascended the silver skywalk into the lunar powered almighty cosmic skyship, my robot voidroid accompanied me offering me a choice of stimulants from a variation pack. i'd already dropped some 'nice and easy' and about half an hour ago taken some 'mushroom clouds' that were about to peak so i declined, already my fingertips trembled and my head started to phase. 
we took the skylift and above us the metallic sheen glimmered in the ambient light while below the silhouette of trees cast an eerie landscape. a bat flew under us and i could see it's radar scan the floor, i'll miss these creatures, they have a familiar cuteness and reminded me of home. 
i fine tuned my helmet to extra visionary blue and saw the trail of tears across the planet, almost forming a wave, it was to much, to fast, on top of my shroom high, so i flicked the channel to a different wavelength and stuck with a passionate pink as a sexy wave of tingles filled my vision. ah... romance.


i took my place in the module and ran through the launch sequence while the voidroid tended to the details. i punched in some codes and did some mental gymnastics with the coordinates and ftl matrix, all quite challenging when you have small arrows of eros pounding the inner dimensions of your mind.
voidroid must have completed the rest of the sequence as i can't recall what happened next, i sunk into some strange visions, lots of micro live tangents, one involved an insect army who seemed amused at the fact i was a biped. in fact the queen wanted me to impregnate her as an interspecies breeding experiment but my conscious mind kicked in and expelled her and her hive back to their dimension where i believe they were exposed to a virus that destroyed their species by inception of paranoid fantasies. 
another vision involved a city of spore like beings, they floated through the breeze and the mushroom like towers like soft feathers in a current of warm air. these spores used a kind of photosynthesis to convert sunlight into energy but they also were very philosophical. many of them postulated various philosophical movements, some quite radical others of a spiritual nature. i was reminded of the western  philosophies of earth and how they contrast to the eastern ones, but here in this tangent the spores were content to think out their ideas, sharing them as a community but dispensing with them if there were any faults within the framework, they were evolving philosophy towards perfection, a perfection of sorts, depending upon your spore consciousness. in fact the spores were emptying their minds, reaching a zen like state, it was the opposite to human copiousness which seemed heading towards entropy.
i would have liked to linger longer in that particular tangent but the shrooms were wearing off, and i was beginning to perceive the control room, and the screens, flashing lights, graphs and the flashing luminosity of my instrument panel.
voidroid offered me a coffee and a data chip, i downloaded some news from home, watched some old dramas and watched my mail videos. 
home. it would be good to return although my wife would be long departed. my son would be dead and his children to, although i may be able to meet his defendants. no doubt they would be waiting for me at entry-point. 
entry point was the main spaceport on anteries 7. it was a beautiful complex crystalline structure, i had spent my youth wandering through it's cathedral like chambers and spires. it was magnificent and opulent, jewelled walled and high ceilings, spires towering above the clouds, piercing heaven. i must have been smiling as my memories took me back, but at the same time a bittersweet loss left a bad taste in my mouth as i looked at the photograph of libby, holding ziggy our son wrapped in a purple blanket. 
voidroid assisted me climb into stasis, i spoke to him as if he would understand, he went through the motions but could never really empathise. i was somewhat surprised at the sound of my voice, it had been a long time.
'i miss them voidroid.'
he took the photograph from me and secured my hands. he closed the door upon me and released the valve. liquid xononox flooded into the pod and entered my lungs which spasmed slightly as they adjusted, and then slowly darkness came.

No comments: