Wednesday, November 29, 2006

absolutly exhuasted after a long stint at work with a demanding client and lots of drama, fortunatly the drama didn't really involve me but i can't help but get dragged in by the team who seem to love the very popular excuse of not taking responsibility.
anyways after work i zipped straight into newtown to catch marty and steve play the last of their shows, i gotta say it was brilliant, both on fine form, cracking jokes telling stories and playing the best music ever. i had a short chat with steve about ayahusca and igbane and dmt and i think even ecstacy slipped in to the conversation.
Anyways my stress and strain of the last 48 hours slipped away as i started laughing and enjoyng the show, at about 2am when i arrived home i was feeling so energized i stayed awake playing my guitar for an hour, then i think i must have crashed into a deep deep sleep.

up at 8am to walk pan and have my bannana smoothie which has replaced caffine for the last 3 weeks. later jake rang and we went shopping together, looking at books and cds, we had some lunch, both being veggies we are very fussy and then i dropped him off. he's finished his course and is working part time so hopefully we can hang out a bit more. He told me he's reading thomas pyncons book V, i told him about my trudging through gravity's rainbow and we both agreed he was a demanding author. i was aslo surprised to hear that jake didn't finish 'house of leaves' as he got to freaked out. I must admit i didn't think of the fear factor when i recommended it to him, but i felt the same way after reading it. I didn't tell him the ending as i thought he may re investigate the book later.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi There,

I was wondering whether I could ask you a question as you were at the gig on Tuesday night. There was a song in the middle of the set that I hadn't heard before. It was something about a wolf. Would you be able to enlighten me?

Cheers,
wizza109@optusnet.com.au

captain mission said...

i've heard steve play this a few times, i don't think its a song that's been recorded yet. It's good innit? Maybe its gonna crop up on the next acustic cd.

Anonymous said...

Yep it stuck with me straight away. Hope it is on the next record. Cheers.