Saturday, October 10, 2015


blazing sunrise, dawn destroyed by sharp light in the shape of blades, slicing through sky. penetration, iggy sings like a sexy cat blasting through my speakers as i drive into the brightest part of the sky. terrible beach has perfect surf this morning, no one about save for the other dawn travellers. 
iggy yelps and makes animal sounds, a guitar screeches like a sexed up panther and the backing vocals go all tribal.
i'm running down pristine sand, into pristine surf, white wash laps at my feet as i acknowledge the guardians of my element.
breath in breath out, heart beat like a big old drum, i'm alive iggy echoes, and i'm diving in, hand fin strapped to my wrist.
the waves propel me, lift and twirl me like an atom in a spin dryer, particle accelerating my way through the void, fuck you world, fuck isis, fuck politics, fuck the sport bastards, fuck the banks, fuck the religious nutters, fuck the politics, fuck the whole damn lot of it, i'm almost free, i'm a wild animal, a fucking, eating, loving, beast running on instinct and intuition, i'm a man like iggy pop penetrating, penetration, i come alive!

2 comments:

speedsexy69 said...

I think it is sexy when you use the word "penetration."

In fact everything you write is sexy.

How do you do this?

Or is it a trade secret?

captain mission said...

it is a sexy word, especially in that song, iggy delivers the ultimate sexual equation, it's part, plea, threat and statement of intent depending on how you hear it.

thanks for the compliment, i am thrilled that someone out there finds my writing sexy, i think i'm pretty attuned to the sexual pulse of life. it's the prime motivation of most beasts and determines human behaviours more than perhaps other aspects of culture, i mean take sex out of life and what's left. not a place i'd feel comfortable in. i reckon you just feel the sex in my work (words) because you have it in your own work so it's something you recognise. i read your stuff and that's very sexy speedy. yes it is!

as far as techniques go, the closest i get to sex at the moment is via my morning surfs after which i usually write so some kinda energetic spill over must permeate my work.