Monday, January 13, 2014

the sea inside me, ocean tides, currents and waves, the swell of mood, the invocation of life, the body has its own music and down on terrible beach i am tuned in, turned on and dropping out, dropping into  saltwater gardens, the strange buoyancy, the instinctive breath, the internal navigation, the way i know where light is, the way i take my air where i find it, the way my body with all its wild mechanisms and obtuse requirements drills into a functional, need only, its hierarchy run by a council of aquatically aligned elders, the way my mind looses it's fleeting attachments, debris it detaches from. i am a blank slate, the uncarved block, the waves may wash over me, but something passes through the flesh, some unseen energy, the hands of neptune, energy of inspiration, youthful and intuitive, neptune is the realm of poets and dreamers, it is home for me.
neptune blesses us with waves, each unique, each part of something else, connected by an ocean and it's hidden currents, the body knows which ones to ride, how to adjust itself, the shudder and force of the mighty liquid chiropractor. we gain an insiders knowledge of waves,  which ones are for us, when to get off before the crash before the earthed shock, how to focus the mind, how to let the body go, how to banish thought chaos, how to align the energy centres, how to radiate, how to surf.
these things all happen outside time and space, they are what an old god offers us in exchange for our respect. 
the ocean, any captain will tell you demands respect, if you are a sailor, fishing man, a swimmer or surfer, all understand the nature of the ocean and how it will command your respect. 
i always offer my tokens of appreciation before i step into the water, i chant my prayer, offer some words, a thought for my ancient friend neptune whom has grown to love me as his own son in law, and when i feel the moment is right, usually as the surf pulls back i step into the waters and swim towards the back where the waves are forming. i follow my rules, never swim out of my depth, always trust my instincts and intuition, always listen to neptune's whispers, he says, 'what you take you must return, what you return you can borrow from, what you create belongs to the universe.'
the surf has been good, terrible beach early morning, my own special place. 



     

No comments: