Saturday, January 04, 2014

i am vague and incorporeal, a shadow of a former self, some whimsical idea that has no form, i am tired of my own gravity as i drift through time and space. i have no interests other than waves, they haunt my days and my nights. 
i've learnt how to disguise my thoughts while undercover, at work, in the company of those i know and those i don't, i am distant and almost invisible...
...my mind is in the ocean, my body in its elements, salt, water, earth, air and some other lovely atoms. 
here is where i want to be, in the ocean but the day has it's way with me and i'm wandering through the powerhouse museum looking at stuff that don't really hold me, although i did enjoy seeing that robot, he's popped up in 'forbidden planet' and 'lost in space'. 
i loved watching lost in space when i was a very young boy, i used to remember it was on friday and i just loved it so much i'd get very excited, each week the episodes ended with a real cliffhanger, the poor robinson family searching for earth but always getting in strife with some monster or alien or that kooky dr. smith. 
i remember lost in space as being part of my childhood but when i was about thirteen or fourteen i saw that forbidden planet and i knew i would always be a space traveller. journeying through the universe, the silver surfer stuck on a strange unfamiliar planet, trying to penetrate the barrier galactus, a devourer of worlds had trapped him in with an invisible impenetrable force field. norrin radd, hated by mankind, shunned and misunderstood, finding solace in the animals and natural life, trees and the himalayans, the indian beggars, the wise fools, the blind and the sick whom he sometimes helped, he found he came to love the place and he surfed it, and surfed and surfed.
thats all i think about today, the sensation of that fin, the waves, the blissful union when my intellect is obliterated along with my sense of self, when there is nothing but the riding of the wave, and then not even the riding, and then not even the wave.

  

No comments: