Wednesday, February 17, 2010

sleep the luxury of middle age, i drift into a deep sleep sometime after midnight, profoundly deep, an earthquake would not intrude. faces come a haunting my dreams, strange cities and structures from a middle age, a time before time, someone says, 'human civilisation only exists at one minute to midnight on new years eve' if time is a year.
well lets get right back into say march, here i am, riding my dragon above the clouds. we soar down through the wisps of moisture and glide over the ravine and lush rainforest. my dragon is purple, a beautiful wing span that stretches wide and soft intelligent eyes that sparkle. in the distance lays my castle, upon the mountain top, impenetrable and yet exposed, there it is.
four majestic towers spiral upwards from each corner, in the distance i hear the trumpets announce our arrival.
my wives come to greet me, a dragon master comes to take my dragon away and give it food and water. i walk into the chambers, a massive throne room. advisors bring me news, the high priestess awaits patiently, she has news, there are several minor issues, housekeeping to attend to, i drink some water, i eat something sweet, i listen and address each issue as it arises. then the high priestess comes to me.
'we must tend to the plants.'
i'm no gardner but i know what she means.

No comments: