Saturday, February 20, 2010

what a day, what a day.
i was up early, walking the dog, then went in to babylon met with hotrussianbride.com man who was outside the bank, we chat, then i meet jakob in the back of the bookshop where we read international magazines and papers, we chit chat and zip over to the newsagent, he's looking very funky these days, short hair, op shop clothes, the designer man to the wise one, he looks at the fashion mags, i look at the music ones but we both settle on nothing, we jump around saying goodbye, decide to look at a few other places in avalon, he nags me for my sunglasses which are round purple lenses, i say no, he tries to convince me but it's not convincing enough but then we decide to have a coffee together, joined by evan and leanne, jake talks about amsterdam, he says he is not going to take drugs, i try to convince him but he says no, i didn't try to hard. then he goes off with some girls in a car as he leaves i give him the sunglasses, 'pass em down to your children' i say. i have a lovely lunch with evan and leanne and we go looking for cakes. then i come home and fall asleep, i sleep very deeply. i wake up at 6, cook some food, start watching a movie, then towards the end my phone rings. i seek out the phone, it's dark, the floor is covered in books. by the time i find the phone, they have hung up. i call my folks we talk about my trip and somehow it degenerates to a horrible shouting match and mum attempting to make me feel guilty and just making me angry. she goes mental, i slam the phone down, a text arrives, i phone my brother so i can let him know i am thinking about not going to london, my brother says,'go smoke a joint have a beer' then think about it. good advice. i look at the text, it's gravy, i call him, he picks me up, we go for a smoke at our spot. fucking hell i relax. gravy is like that, a good friend. he says some wise words, tales from the far east, these are good tales, i like the far east, it makes me want to catch a passing ship. we go to moon base alpha, gravy's place and smoke some more, he plays me some tunes, they are excellent, i suggest which ones he record for a cd. they are really good, very different yet the influences are very present, xtc, daniel lanious, the beatles, dylan, the cure and then some planet gong in the mix. the songs are very gentle, subtle and great words, the guy is a genius.
i walk home off my tree.
feeling much better.

No comments: