Wednesday, February 28, 2024

bad news piles up upon bad news, like a pile up car crash on the motorway, in the rain, my teeth are smashed in, i'd like to say i got in a bar fight defending the honour of some girl who was being harassed by a radical band of extreme feminists or chinese agents of the cpp, but the truth is they were knocked out by a hospital camera that was halfway down my neck spying upon my heart which was failing it's duty to dance to the rhythm of life. anyways,  i have a row of missing teeth on my lower jaw. 

i returned to the dental clinic within the hospital yesterday for an investigative look at what kind of repair they would offer me, and the sad news is dentures. the kind your granny puts in a fizzy glass when she goes to bed. it's depressing.

anyways i looked into alternatives and the big one out there are implants but apparently you need a good bone within the gum to screw them into, and i have receding gums so that's me fucked. the next big challenge is in order to have the implants they will have to put cow bone into my jaw to act as a platform.  all this would cost around $50-$60 grand. that's basically my super which can be used for medical emergencies.

when i look back upon things i wish i had listened to all those ex girlfriends who warned me to stop smoking weed because of the chocolate i was scoffing down after in lieu of a nice carrot stick,  or the luxurious ice cream i gorged upon in my munchie fever instead of a nice green juice or some steamed vegetables.  ah well as soon as i fix that time machine...

decline in health is inevitable as i age, my friends age as well and we are all suffering form some ailment or the other. i gotta get thing in perspective here, i have my heart working and although it's taken a few blows and probably not quite as sharp as it could be my mind and brain are reasonable so together with my vital organs i guess i am lucky. i seem to recall a life when i was confined to some sort of iron lung, the morphine just outta reach...

i figure as soon as i start loosing my marbles and can't read a book or listen to an audio book i'm cashing in my chips. i don't wanna hang around in a badly designed body, if i were a dalek in pure form i could see the sense in encasing oneself in a metal type of robotic like shell. i must admit they could have used a better designer. i guess modern examples would be yer typical android shape. i don't know if i would make a good android, and then there's a whole bunch of new challenges like computer viruses, rust type illness. i mean an android has to look after itself just like a human. perhaps the only solution we have is to download consciousness into a computer simulation, but then one could argue that's exactly what we are. five to one baby, one in five. no one here get's out...

gotta keep laughing at it all. really what else is there to do, laughter is the best medicine.

No comments: