Tuesday, March 16, 2021

once in a previous incarnation when i sojourned the world as a sex god seeking out pleasure and pursuing hedonistic impulses i met my match in an amazing woman called shelly. 
shelly was a part punk, gothic mix of lesbian fetish and industrial culture, she was the high priestess of flesh and cerebral counter culture. a living orgasm machine who dripped sensuality like a snail leaves a slime trail, she turned the heads of all and parted crowds like a prophet parting the red sea. for some reason she attached herself to me. 
at the time i was aloof, wandering post divorce liminal world, numbed out on strange drugs and lost in a landscape of creatures of the night like a cynical vampyre. 
sydney was wild, a zoo without cages, we slipped from midnight clubs to exotic bars and slid from bed to bed, and in my madness i made the worst decision and split up with shelly to chase another girl. the wrong one. it's my fault but the ecstasy didn't help, the strange energy that connected me to one split me from the other. and it's a regret i had because when i told shelly she was beautiful. she took me out for dinner, bought me a beautiful piece of lapis jewelry and blessed me.
a week later i knew i had made a bad choice but shelly had gone, vanished into the night. she had given me a book, which i love called 'modern primitives' and fed my mind while she sated my need.
that was in 1996. 
yesterday we connected again. the universe just spat her out at my feet like it does.
not only is she stunning but she is the same gracious heart and sexual energy, much more powerful now. 
we exchanged a few stories, i was able to tell her how much i loved her but at the time was so emotionally fucked up i couldn't love her. it was only in the post years did i realise how much she meant to me. so i was finally able to tell her, and fill her in on my story.
she says she has some pics of us, and she remembers me fondly which is kinda nice as i probably wasn't really nice at that time.
i hope we can catch up for dinner soon, i really want to.
it's funny how life works out, it was a chance encounter, a strange random event and yet i knew it would happen. it was like i was expecting it.  


No comments: