Monday, December 31, 2018

a couple of early morning waves keep me focused on the prize, a few massive ones nearly crush me, but it's all experience. 
i haul my ass over to kings cross to meet jakob for lunch, he's somewhat trashed after a big night and morning at the beach, looks better than me though. we wander around find a cafe that makes amazing snacks, and a selection of great juices. the guy whom runs it is lovely and we chat with him for a while, then head down through the park to check out the carnivorous plant exhibition at the botanical gardens, some of these plants are just alien. it really reminds me of a jungle planet i wrote about a long time ago. 




later we visit the art gallery and although i have felt uninspired and a little cynical i did see some magnificent koori pieces that were breathtaking and profound.

jakob seems to have developed a taste in art and has great appreciation of style, emulating my own philosophy. we have great chats and get deep about a few subjects but time runs out and once again i make my way home alone.
however, i am grateful i have an interesting son, a man whom is very much an individual. i love him and who he is. it's quite remarkable. 

No comments: