Friday, June 03, 2016

winter's here, the cold came into my bones, made it's way into my home.
winter's here, the birds all changed, from colour to monochrome.
i look across at the ocean waves, i see the darkness in the cloud,
i look so alone, a single man standing in a crowd.
what can you do to me, what words of reassurance whispered.
to halt the season, the stop the deep freeze.
winters here, the nights are lonely, the darkness enfolds me, just like those dreams.
i watch the trees stand so very still, in silence that warps itself around us with out a chance to breath.
i watch the still life come to it's final moment, just like a fairytales sad conclusion, the one that makes you know there are no happy endings.
winters here, it's rigid intention, unyielding and incremental, don't mean to be so temperamental but my blood is frozen in this arctic moment, that once belonged to me, now stolen
what can you do to me, what words of reassurance whispered.
to halt this season and stop the deep freeze. 

No comments: