Sunday, March 30, 2014

it's so early, 5am as i drive along the sleepy central coast, roads wet and gleaming in the street lighting, a few sporadic cars mostly utes pass along my cruise towards the highway. i'm somewhat bleary eyed, this is an unnaturally early time to be awake and i have to kick start my brain with a coffee. 
on the highway i start firing up, i can feel sleep leaving me as my body boots up, starts initializing all it's software.
the high way becomes a point of focus, hypnotising me into some sort of strange hyper alertness. 
it's relaxing to, not much traffic, not many distractions, my mind still relatively empty will throw up the occasional residual thought but the holes in my minds net are to large, they just float through, never staying long enough for analysis or reflection.
suddenly i hit the fog, it's very thick, so thick even the tail lights from the car in front becomes obscured. i follow the flow of the road markings amazed by the density of this fog, it's almost impossible to see anything outside, i'm surrounded by it, and then just as suddenly as it appeared it ends. somewhere past brooklyn the first rays of sunlight begin to pierce darkness. 
i have a strange day ahead of me, it's not going to be easy, i attempt to direct my thoughts into a zone free of anxiety, detachment, i eat some light, embrace the calmness of zen driving, allow my breathing to control my fear.
i miss my morning surfs, rain has made it impossible over the last week and i feel blocked and frustrated. i pray for surf tomorrow, evoke magnificent waves, sunshine, blue skies, as i pull off the highway, i begin to embrace the dawn and all it brings.


No comments: