Sunday, March 12, 2006

wandered through what was once kings cross, now a kind of cleaned up version, nice wide pavements, coffee shops, fountains, i found myself wandering into the markets and what do i see, no junk, no objects of art, no eccentric old ladies with their pendulums swinging wildly, instead everything is gone chardonnay but if ya look carefully, you can still catch a glimpse of the junkies, the hookers and their bikie boy friends and in the shadows the vampires lurk.

when i lived in west berlin i was always asked by girls if i had heroin to sell. i guess wandering around in a cape and a wide brimmed hat, makes one look slightly narcotic, generally i didn't have heroin on me and girls would slide away almost as fast as they attached themselves, but one girl in particular stayed Gabrielle the stunning air hostess from the now defunct dan air, the my Austrian beauty, wrapped in leather and scarves, winding her was through the the crowded dance floors like a tropical fish in a tank, moving her hips like a dancer, spinning around blazing light like a cool sun. She's dead now but i like to think about her on my birthday.

Mr. Leary went to HOME nightclub to see the djs he has been talking about as much as i have to him about the church, they are called infected mushroom, a phychadelic dance band from Israel. he texted me a few times from the rave and on said,
'i just saw a man get arrested for smoking next to a smoking machine.'
the irony of life is alive and well

I crashed out this fine morning, all exhausted from the last few nights, my tired bones couldn't even make it into the hammock so i slept in my bed.
( actually its bed in a spare room, my bedroom has been taken over by the excess books that no longer fit in my library)
i had the strangest dream.
I was with Jake traveling and we had found ourselves in a jurassic park environment, except no dinosaurs, just real wild animals, it was kinda like a safari with except the tourists all play a huge game where they disperse and then have to make their way towards a huge look out tower, jake had a bike and often went riding and in my dream he separated from me, i made my way to the tower hoping that i would get a look from the high vantage. the keeper was a reasonably young helpful friendly guy and his assistant was a odd bumbling joker of a fellow, while i searched the other tourists all made it back and went on to the next part of the game until it was just me and i guess jake left. Then i saw his bike laying in its side near a dense patch of swamp. the keeper warned me, 'crocodiles.' i ran down there and found the bike and jake but in my enthusiasm, waded into some of the swamp area, in my dream i could feel a weight upon my feet and gradually the razor sharp pain on my feet, the realization dawned upon me, i dared not look, but the keeper and assistant laughed as my feet were wrapped in tiny crocodiles nibbling away. 'Help me.' I asked before passing out.
Then i woke up, all weird and disoriented and told you.

1 comment:

Aline said...

Bonne fête mon savant, mon détour, mon adieu, mon toujour.