Monday, July 31, 2023

bowie earls court 1978


my dad got me a ticket for this one, i forgot to mention it in my speech. it was probably one of the greatest things he ever did for me. i know that sounds weird but for me it meant everything. i was 16 years old. a north london punk on the cusp of leaving the uk. i can't remember who i saw the show with, how i got there or what happened, all i know is it was the best night of my life so far. 'station to station' stood out as being the magnificent live soundscape but it was 'beauty and the beast'  and 'blackout' that stole my heart. if i had means i would have seen the other shows but i was broke, and dad had pulled a rabbit out of a hat for me. i still don't know how he managed to get me a ticket but wherever you are dad, thank you.

No comments: