Friday, May 06, 2011

in sleep fell, i fall, sinking into it's depths like a man drowning in molasses filling my lungs with it's absorbing message of void, my eyes remain closed for eternity as i drift with the strange current over silhouetted landscapes and into dark empty abyss it offers like some strange opiate. i can't even struggle, my will is nulled by it's seductive subtlety. sleep claimed me for 48 hours, i was gone, emerged in the depth of something that clouded over me and worked upon my spirit like a ghostly surgeon, moving around the worn synapses, soothing the ache of muscles and joints that have pained me, there the healing sleep works away, talking me on journeys, re ordering my damaged psych.
deep sleep pulling me down, lifting me up, nurturing the fragments and gluing them together, i need this. we have all been through some strange event, trauma requires healing the collective unconscious whispers, it's time.
i like this sleep, it's addictive in the same way narcosis is, it's pulling me into it's anathestia, can't feel anything here, its relief, a sanctuary from the shell shock, from the horror, from mankind's folly, rage and stupidity, it's peace but it is impermanent, and when i wake it is morning, and the dawn brings with it the joy of being alive.

No comments: