Monday, August 31, 2026

mmmm, apparently i suffer from something called time displacement syndrome, which means I don't process time in the same way most normal people do, it's part of the autistic spectrum, and bubbles was the first person to identify it. it's what I always turn up a day early, or get appointment times wrong, or constantly have to check the time and date and diary so i don't fuck up. eg, hospital is tuesday, not monday as i mentioned earlier. the correct term is temporal disorientation which effects temporal orientation and sequencing. it's sometimes known as time blindness in adhd circles but in my case temporal distortion is more accurate as I don't have adhd.

this explains quite a lot, and although i am not hung up on this label it certainly helps me understand what i am so fucked up when it comes to linear time.

No comments: