Wednesday, July 31, 2024

in the wars as i continue on with the boxing, my shoulder now partly recovered but a sharp nerve under my shoulder begins to send incredible messages of pain through my upper body. being somewhat stoic when it comes to pain, i manage to breathe through it, transmuting the knife edge sensation into a dull throb, i jab, punch, hook and upper cut my way through the session. steady as she goes, i finish up feeling better than when i walked in. tomorrow i'm going to train harder. 

boxing is moved into a new realm for me, i've got the punches under control, i can use force and use my feet to shuffle into correct stances. i can breathe correctly, it's become easier and now i'm learning how to swing my hips. this is an area that may have been blocked and as i become conscious of the movement my punches improve, the power increases. 

yeah, i gotta go harder, faster, stronger now, stamina is the name of the game. pushing through pain, into new realms, there is only the body as the machine, synchronized and  harmonized, i punch therefore i am. no thoughts, just some weird instinct, the killer in me, is the killer in you. i'm letting it free now, it does not rule me, but it is there, a lean mean fighting machine. fists of fury, legs of steel, sway those hips and breathe deep baby.

i've embraced my own limits, broken the rules, i've gone further than i thought i could and it feels good.

No comments: